BAME interview series – Jayesh Devram
In the first of the BAME internal audit series, we have Jayesh Devram head of controls – First LOD at NatWest Group, speaking with Mitesh Parikh.
Question list and timestamps:
- Introduction to Jayesh
- 7.39 – Throughout your career from BIG 4 to banking, do you feel that you faced any prejudice from your colleagues or superiors?
- 13.49 – In the makeup of IT risk, IT audit, and internal audit do you feel that the BAME community is represented?
- 17.05 – What do you feel internal audit functions and banking in general, can do to better promote diversity and inclusion from top to bottom?
- 25.09 – Throughout your career what have you done to promote the diversity agenda?
- 31.49 – Currently being at NatWest, what key initiatives are being implemented across the group and do you feel they are effective in promoting a fully diverse workplace?
- 35.06 – What do you think the industry, chief audit execs, banking professionals, HR professionals and recruiters like myself can do to push the agenda further?