Interim Assistant Tax Manager
I am working with a FTSE 250 Financial Services organisation who are looking for an Assistant Tax Manager or Tax Manager on a 6 month FTC whilst they recruit permanently (possible temp to perm).
You will be supporting the tax team with compliance in both Corporate Tax and VAT (they are happy to consider candidates who are stronger in either area).
- Corporation tax compliance including:
- Preparation of UK corporation tax returns.
- Undertake Controlled Foreign Company analysis.
- Preparation of interest restriction calculations and the interest restriction return to HMRC.
- Management of tax loss offset and tax payments.
- Support the Senior Accounting Officer Certification process.
- Working closely with colleagues in the Finance team to enable them to efficiently support the work of the Tax team, and vice versa.
- Tax reporting including:
- Preparation of tax disclosures for the statutory accounts of subsidiaries in the EMEA region.
- Support of the Group’s consolidated tax reporting and forecasting.
- VAT compliance including:
- Support the in-house preparation of UK VAT returns.
- Interaction with external advisers to enable the preparation of other EMEA VAT returns and related filings.
- Support the Finance team in VAT accounting matters.
- Withholding tax matters, including:
- Obtaining treaty clearances and management of certificates of tax residence.
- Facilitating provision of other withholding tax documentation.
- Administration of withholding tax on external debt.
- Undertake research and analyse tax technical matters.
- Sundry other duties as needed in support of the work of the Tax team including:
- Assist with the implementation of technology developments to facilitate the work of the tax team.
- Support the transfer pricing work of the team.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties.