|Supporting a well known FTSE 100 multinational with hiring for a Senior Group Tax Reporting Manager on a 6 month assignnment whilst they recruit permanently. You’ll be working closely with the Head of Direct Tax, taking responsibility for UK compliance and reporting.
Potential to go permanent. 2-3 days to be spent in their West London offices. Up to £550 per day, PAYE.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibility for managing the UK half yearly and full year group tax provisioning process under IFRS including preparing/reviewing the tax provision calculations by overseas teams
- Preparation of the tax provision calculations and disclosures for local UK statutory accounts
- Managing the relationship with the external auditors and dealing with technical tax accounting queries on the underlying workings and disclosures.
- Forecasting the effective tax rate for the group.
- Preparation of the corporation tax returns for the UK entities.
- Oversight and review of corporation tax computations prepared by outsourced tax compliance providers for a small number of overseas subsidiaries.
- Lead on corporate tax & reporting process improvement projects, including the use of automation tools to streamline and standardise processes along with the Tax Technology Manager.
- Implementation of a new tax consolidation tool (Longview) and management of rollout.
- Ad-hoc tax technical research in relation to UK tax issues arising from questions from the business. This may include liaising with our advisors for more complex matters.
- Supporting on entity rationalisations of the UK entities.
- Support with the preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues relating to UK entities.
- Provide UK tax advisory support on any transactions / projects relating to a portfolio of UK entities to ensure accuracy of disclosures in the tax computations.
- Lead impact assessments in respect of UK legislative developments where necessary, for example, Uncertain Tax Treatment (UTT).
- Manage the preparation of the PSA by the UK SSC with support from the advisors.