Part-time Tax Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a Group Tax Manager to join our expanding Finance team and play a crucial role in developing and executing our business strategy with responsibility for our tax affairs and compliance. The successful candidate will be required to challenge the status quo on current processes, providing insights to support decision making to deliver the organisation’s objectives. As a senior member within the finance team the role will also support the delivery of a transformative change to the value that the finance department delivers. This role would suit an experienced professional looking to move from practice or with an established career in industry.
Responsible for all tax affairs for the business’s activities and playing a key role in delivering quality tax advice on corporate projects and transactions. The role will be responsible for the smooth operation of all tax reporting, filing and will also support forecasting.
As the sole tax specialist in the business, the operational duties include the following areas:
- Tax compliance, filing, monitoring and review for all jurisdictions in which the business operates for all taxes including corporation tax, UK and foreign VAT, WHT, transfer pricing, employment taxes, RDEC and any other applicable local taxes.
- Liaise with external tax advisors, legal advisors, auditors and authorities as required to ensure compliance and deliver tax efficiency.
- Develop and deliver the company’s tax strategy and risk management including assessing, reporting and implementing the impact of new legislative changes on the companois operations.
- Develop, implement and maintain group transfer pricing policies and controls and conduct regular reviews and updates.
- Ad hoc and project-based tax assistance including support of significant corporate level projects, new business and customer proposals, procurement projects and tender processes to identify tax related risks, opportunities and compliance obligations.
- Track metrics to measure performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Project manage and support commercial decision making from a tax perspective.
- Provide training and support stakeholders to enhance their financial acumen and understanding of taxation.
- Ensure quality of data within finance systems including developing controls where necessary.
- Review and contribute to strategic business decisions advising senior leadership on tax related opportunities and risks.
- Preparation of tax related reporting to senior leadership.
- Preparation and maximisation of RDEC claims.
- Provide guidance to senior leadership on tax efficient structuring.
- Hold a relevant tax qualification (e.g. CTA, ACA or equivalent) with at least 6 years relevant post qualification work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in completing corporation tax returns, withholding tax, international VAT, RDEC and employment taxes.
- Strong academic record.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across different departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to take full ownership for identifying and solving tax issues.
- Tenacious and flexible attitude to work.
- Able to communicate tax matters clearly to the business demonstrating commercial acumen and transparency.
- Willingness, desire and capability to progress career.