Senior Tax Manager
Our client are looking for a UK tax specialist to lead on corporation tax reporting matters (IFRS, UK GAAP and Solvency II) and to oversee other areas within the team’s remit (VAT, IPT and general advisory matters).
While they are looking for somebody with technical expertise in tax reporting, you do not need to be a technical expert in indirect tax matters – rather, to have the confidence to get to the bottom of why things are as they are and to ask questions. This would be an exciting role for a corporate tax reporting specialist looking for more range in their next role.
They are looking for somebody with the energy and enthusiasm to guide project work forward, to manage the clients relationship with HMRC.
- Lead on tax reporting (IFRS, UK GAAP and Solvency II) for several key re/insurance entities and service companies, providing a key interface between the UK tax team and the regulatory reporting team in the UK / Group Tax in Munich
- Contact for senior stakeholders across the businesses on tax matters.
- Advise on UK tax matters, able to take a pragmatic approach to tax advice and engaging advisers.
- Manage advisers (and advisory spend) on projects, ad hoc work and throughout the UK corporation tax compliance cycle.
- Oversight/sign-off of UK VAT compliance and IPT compliance (all jurisdictions apart from the UK are outsourced).
- Work with all teams across UK Finance to ensure seamless processes through quarter end closing.