Tax Accountant – 12 month FTC
A large, reputable financial services organisation are looking to hire a Tax Accountant on a 12 month FTC.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Tax Accountant will primarily be focused on Corporate Tax and Indirect Tax and split their time equally between the two. However, they may also be involved in International and Employment Tax work.
- The role requires a flexible approach and will encompass, but not be limited to assisting with the following:
- Preparation and timely submission of UK corporate computations and filing using OneSource
- Preparation of Payment on Account calculations
- Preparation of tax notes for statutory accounts of UK companies under FRS102
- Preparation of current and deferred tax calculations for year end and interim reporting under FRS102 for UK and overseas companies
- Assistance with partnership tax issues and compliance
- Senior Accounting Officer updates across various taxes, including monitoring and testing of internal assurances, processes and recommendations
- Ensuring overseas payments are received without withholding tax and requesting tax residency certificates from HMRC as required
- Preparation of International Group Country by Country Report (CBCR)
- CBCR notifications process for UK and overseas entities
- Other project work that may from time to time be required
- Analyse VAT reports for the preparation and timely submission of the Quarterly UK VAT return [for a partially exempt business]
- Preparation of VAT journals and Balance Sheet reconciliations on a Quarterly basis
- Seeking and implementing improvements to the VAT return process, e.g. via automation, technology, data collection.
- Preparation of UK VAT Annual Adjustment calculation
- Data preparation and checks for monthly European VAT returns, including working with external advisors
- Respond to VAT questions from the business when required
Qualifications and Experience
Previous experience in a financial services business is preferential but not necessary. You may be currently working in practice or in industry. Knowledge of OneSource corporation tax software would be helpful but is not essential. Although helpful to have, the person will not be expected to have current knowledge of all the areas set out above and training will be given where required, including handover training of tasks
Working as part of a small team, we are seeking a flexible, ‘can do’ approach to the different types of work that this role will encompass. The role offers potential to the right candidate to have exposure to a wide range of tax work and to be involved in both compliance and planning work. A positive “can-do” attitude and your willingness and appetite to get involved is essential for this role.