Pure Recruitment Group Ltd
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
This policy will be updated from time to time and the most current version will always be available on our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Who are we?
Pure Search International Limited is part of a group of affiliated companies located around the work in the Kernel Ltd group (together, “Kernel”, “we” or “us”). The group of companies that make up Kernel are collecting any personal information received from and about you through our site. Kernel Ltd is headquartered at 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AS, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do we do?
We provide executive search and recruitment services for permanent and interim positions for clients looking to recruit personnel for their businesses. We also provide related services, including talent mapping and research, salary surveys, and people management consultancy.
We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services; and
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for jobs on our website or via apptracker;
- submit your CV to our website;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications, or attend our events;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a survey, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions managed by us; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
If you post information on our pages on social media, we collect that information as well as associated details such as your social media username. We may use the information to respond and otherwise in the course of our normal business operations. Note that the third-party operators of social media websites also receive such information, and their use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy policies.
Throughout your dealings with us, calls may also be monitored for training and quality purposes.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include:
- Identifiers (such as your name, contact information, social security/insurance number, national insurance number, and name and contact information of beneficiaries, emergency contacts, and references)
- Demographic information (such as your date of birth and gender)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law (such as race, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status)
- Financial information (such as bank account information, payroll records, and tax status information)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as information about your use of the Websites)
- Geolocation information (location information generated electronically)
- Professional and employment-related information (such as company, title, resume/CV, compensation and performance review information, and background check results)
- Education information (such as academic transcripts and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution)
- Information related to your interest in us, our services, and your connections with other organizations
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above
Automated technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website or call us, we may collect the following types of information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page; and
- any phone number used to call our business.
We may allow third parties to serve cookies to help identify fraudulent or automated traffic on our site. We may use third-party cookies to help us with market research, improve site functionality, and enforce site terms and policies.
For example, as indicated above, we, like many other website operators, currently use Google Analytics to collect and process certain site usage data. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt-out, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
To opt out of personalized ads from Google, see https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Our third-party partners may collect and combine information collected on our site with other information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites or apps, if those websites and apps use or share data with the same partners. You may be able to change a web browser’s settings to block and delete cookies when you access the site through that web browser. However, if you do that, the site may not work properly; also, we will still receive basic information (such as the last URL visited) when you navigate to our site. Note that our site does not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Third parties or publicly available sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card, or personal recommendations or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
We may also receive information about you from our relationships with third parties including companies within our Group, business partners, contact data from data brokers or aggregators, sub-contractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and professional advisors. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
How will we use your personal data?
At the heart of our business, is the fulfilment to find skilled professionals who make strong candidates for the relevant positions our clients are searching for. We, therefore, collect necessary information to identify individuals as either relevant candidates, or as a potential buyer of our services.
We will use information about you in the following ways:
- to make it (including your CV) available to our consultants in connection with the recruitment process, unless you request otherwise;
- to make it (including your CV) available to our clients in connection with a specific vacancy, where you have agreed to this;
- if you have applied for a job the information you provide, including your CV identifying you by name, will be used to determine your suitability for the position and, if applicable, in determining terms of employment or engagement;
- if your application is progressed further, details may be disclosed to third parties (such as educational institutions, present and past employers, our employees and directors, credit reference agencies, background check agencies, insurance companies etc.) for reasons such as the verification of, or obtaining extra, information or providing you with a quote for insurances should this be required;
- for the purposes of ensuring the validity of right to work documents and other identification documents, which may include providing your details to a third-party identity verification company that will conduct a soft credit check as part of the verification. This check, although present on your credit file, will not affect your credit score;
- if your application is unsuccessful, we may try to find you employment or work with alternative clients and may, therefore, disclose your details to other prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any ongoing administrative process involved, unless you tell us otherwise);
- for the purposes of our business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers);
- to provide you with information about other services and opportunities we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to contact you about industry or sector-specific information that might be of interest to you;
- to invite you to events or to participate in relevant surveys that might be of interest to you;
- to deal with complaints or disputes involving you, or other employees, workers, contractors or clients, including accidents at work;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to pay you and, if you are an employee or deemed employee for tax purposes, to deduct tax and social security contributions;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other devices;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- to personalise the content displayed on our site in order to present you with more relevant jobs and content based on your interests;
- to set up an online profile for you on our site;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them; or
- in management information used to monitor recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies.
How will we share or disclose your personal data?
Most commonly, we will share your personal data with members of our Group. This is to enable us to provide you with the best service possible, and to benefit from the specialist knowledge and experience of our relevant brands.
Additionally, we may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- prospective employers and/or clients for the purposes of assessing your suitability.
- relevant third-party partners, including job boards, payroll service providers and audit and assessment companies;
- insurance companies that require the data to contact you with a quote for business insurances (where appropriate);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers, some of which may be overseas, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and with the verification of placements;
- identity verification companies for the purpose of validating right to work documents and ID documents;
- our successor or potential successor or new owner or financer, in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, in connection with which your personal information may be shared under an obligation of confidentiality in connection with the evaluation or negotiation of such transaction, and your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction; and
- to third parties as to which we reasonably believe such sharing is required or appropriate to comply with legal requirements and law enforcement requests (such as a court order or subpoena); comply with legal process (such as discovery); or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Where is your personal data stored?
Information can be provided to us in different forms, we have put in appropriate security measures to protect the data we receive and we will do our best to protect your personal data, although, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, consequently we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, misuse or loss.
If you suspect any unauthorised access to or misuse or loss of your data, please contact us immediately using our contact details below.
International data transfers
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of North America to the extent permissible in law and, as such, your personal information may be subject to privacy laws in other jurisdictions. By submitting your personal data to us, and through the use of our site, you consent to this processing.
Changes to our privacy statement
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted and will apply to personal information received after that date. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice of such changes on the pertinent site for a reasonable period of time. We encourage you to review this policy periodically, especially if you don’t visit the site regularly.
Links to third party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Privacy rights where you live
You may have certain legal privacy rights where you live, and we will comply with restrictions and requests as required by applicable law.
If you are a California resident, we do not “sell” your personal information (as defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) that we collect on our site with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How to contact us
Data Protection, Pure Search International Limited
12 E 49th St, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10017
Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.